A Plea to Authors Active on Twitter Who Want to Sell Books:
140 Characters Is No Place to Sell Your Books
– Stop Selling and Start Tweeting Compelling Content!
How many times have these tweets filled your Twitter feeds?
- Buy my Book #BuyMyBook
- Buy My Book – It’s on sale
- Buy my Book – $0.99 – today only
- Buy my Book – download for free today
- Like my Facebook Page – and buy my book
If repeated messages to buy or download books have never worked for you, why would it work on others? Repeated sales messages is the fast way for an author to find themselves Unfollowed.
Most authors on Twitter have developed a rapport and/or history with their followers. Still, there are many authors whose Twitter feeds are only repeated sales messages then they wonder why they’re not popular or getting sales. There will always exceptions to this rule and celebrities exist in a ‘verified’ class of their own.
Post and tweet content that will grab our attention
- Tell us why this book will appeal to us.
- Add snippets of your research and offer interesting tips you’ve learned.
- Offer details about your characters, plots, and story that will hook us.
- Show us how clever you are with your writing.
- Post articles – your own or draw attention to articles that relate to your book’s subject matter.
Funnel those interested readers seeking more of your content to your website. There they can learn about you and your books.
Now you’ve earned your opportunity to sell. Your chances of selling books are also much higher.
*In case you do not already have an author’s website to funnel online traffic to, you are missing out on an opportunity.
Good luck to you and much success!
Related Post: How to Get the Most Productivity Out of 3 Hours